Now that you have your company settings in order, it's time to add & invite your team to start using Timeero for time, GPS and mileage tracking.
Only users with an Administrator Role can add users. Learn more about Roles and what your team will have access to HERE.
As an Administrator, you can add an unlimited number of users to Timeero. This can be done using the Web Portal or Mobile App, however, in order to get more advanced settings, we recommend you use the Web Portal. Once you are logged into the Web Portal, please follow the steps below to add users.
- Click on Users - you will see this tab on the left-hand side of your screen.
- Next choose Add User, on the right-hand side of your screen.
3. Fill in the required fields:
- Email Address - The email entered will be the username (for this user) required to log into the web and mobile app.
- First Name & Last Name
- Password - The password entered will be the password (for this user) required to log into the mobile app. The Password is Case Sensitive.
- Role - Please refer to our Roles & Permissions article mentioned above to help you choose an option.
Some users may not have an email address. While we generally don't recommend fake or invalid email addresses because we send important on-boarding and overtime notifications to users, it is okay to enter a fake email address such as firstname.lastname@example.org (for example).
NOTE: Depending on your browser, the password field prepopulates when adding a user. Please be sure to enter a new password so that your employees are not assigned a password that you use/are using.
- Phone Number - If you would like users to receive their Timeero App instructions, username & password via SMS (a great option if a user has no email), this becomes a Required Field. Please be sure to enable the Invite via SMS feature by clicking on the box beside it. SMS only works in US and Canada.
- Track User's Location - When turned on, this will require your user to verify his/her location when clocking in/out. That location will be captured for the Administrator to view on the Timesheet map. The GPS will pick up the user's location every 300 feet.
- Track Mileage - When turned on, the user's mileage will be tracked. For this feature to work, you must turn on Track User's Location. The GPS will pick up the user's location more frequently - every 30 feet - than the above feature. Therefore, this feature uses more phone battery life due to the frequent GPS "pings."
- Hourly Rate - The Hourly or Daily rate is used to calculate how much money is owed to a user for time worked. Set it to 0 if it's a salaried user or if the rate is unknown. When the Daily rate is set, the dollar amount entered is how much money is owed to a user each day, no matter how many hours the user has worked.
- Groups - A group can be a department (Sales, Marketing, Warehouse for example). Learn more about Groups here: Groups. If you have Managers and Employees, you will want to create groups.
Once you are finished entering the information, click on Add User at the bottom of the page. This user is now showing as Pending. Once the user logs into the app, they will show under the Active tab.
When the Add User button is clicked, an email and/or SMS (only in US & Canada if Invite Via SMS is checked) containing the username and password will be sent to the user.