You may be reviewing a timesheet route map that has GPS points ( "breadcrumbs" ) for some travel & then GPS just stops, showing only a blue line on the route map. Continue reading to determine why that may have happened.
GPS & mileage tracking will be interrupted if:
- The app is forced closed
- GPS is turned off
- Background location access has been changed from 'Always' or 'Allow all the time' to any other option
- The user clocks into a break
- Wi-Fi is turned off
- Battery optimization or battery saver kicks on
- Location accuracy is not set to High (Android)
- Precise location is turned off (iOS)
- Physical activity tracking is turned off (Android)
- Motion activity is turned off (iOS)
How does my employee find & fix the phone setting?
Direct your employee to our built in tracker checklist. This checklist, inside of our mobile apps, will assist the user with correcting phone settings for accurate GPS and mileage tracking.