What Are Tasks?
Tasks can be assigned to jobs. When a user clocks in, they will be presented with a list of jobs to choose from. After choosing a job, a task list will appear for the user to choose.
Tasks can be anything you want. Get creative!
Our customers use tasks for:
- Equipment tracking ( Job: Smiths's Place / Task: Trailer A )
- Ticket tracking ( Job: Smith's Inspection / Task: Ticket # 1234 )
- Work order tracking, claims tracking, and so much more
Only users with the Admin or Manager role can add tasks.
To turn on Tasks go to Company Settings > General and turn on Allow users to choose a task when clocking in.
Once Tasks is turned on, you can start adding them so your team will have the option to pick a task when clocking into a job.
To import many tasks at once using a CSV, click here
How to add a task:
- Go to the Jobs & Tasks page and use the toggle at the top of the screen to go to the Tasks page.
- Click the Add Task button to create a new task and assign it to a Job or multiple jobs.
- To edit or deactivate tasks, please use the pencil and circle icons.
- It's best not to delete tasks. You may need to see time spent on it and if the task is deleted, it's gone for good.
How to add a Task
How to edit a Task