A Microsoft Windows PC (MAC is not supported) running a supported version of QuickBooks:
- QuickBooks Enterprise (2010 or later)
- QuickBooks Premier (2006 or later)
- QuickBooks Pro (2006 or later)
- QuickBooks Simple Start (2006 or later)
The following international editions of QuickBooks are also supported:
- Canadian editions of QuickBooks (2006 or later)
- UK editions of QuickBooks (2006 or later)
If QuickBooks Desktop is not installed on your computer and you are accessing the account via the cloud, the Web Connector must be installed on the remote computer.
1. You must be logged in as an Admin in Timeero to set up the integration and export time.
2. Head to Integrations > QuickBooks Desktop > Configuration.
3. Click on Web Connector and follow the steps to install the QuickBooks Web Connector.
4. Once the web connector is installed, you can open the web connector from within QuickBooks Desktop: File > Update Web Services or File > App Management > Update Web Services.
5. Open the web connector and click on Add an Application. Add your file (found in Timeero in the web connector tab).
7. After setting up the Web Connector, click on the Connect tab inside of Timeero.
8. Next, click on the green Connect to QuickBooks button.
9. Open the web connector and click on Update Selected. Then, go back to Timeero.
10. Start mapping users in Timeero to QuickBooks users. In the Timeero users column, use the drop-down toggle to match the Timeero user to the QuickBooks user. Then, click Map User.
You can import customers, service items, and classes from your QuickBooks account into your Timeero account. Customers in QuickBooks are Jobs in Timeero. Service Items are Tasks in Timeero, and Classes are Groups in Timeero.
Users cannot be imported from QuickBooks into Timeero. You can bulk-add your users to Timeero via our CSV (found in Users tab) or you can add one user at a time.
11. If you're using Timeero Jobs, map Jobs in Timeero to Customers in QuickBooks.
12. If you're using Timeero Tasks, map Tasks in Timeero to Service Items in QuickBooks.
13. If you're using Timeero Groups, map Groups in Timeero to Classes in QuickBooks.
14. When you're finished mapping, click on any other menu item ( Who's Working, for example ) inside of Timeero to refresh your screen.
Then, head to Integrations > QuickBooks Desktop > Configuration to map Payroll Items.
Send time from Timeero to your QuickBooks account:
1. Run a report in Timeero. Choose the By User/Group Report to export time for one user or a specific group of users. Choose the By Date Range Report to export time for all users.
2. After generating the report, click on Export To QuickBooks Desktop.
3. To view the hours in QuickBooks Desktop, head to Employees > Enter Time > Use Weekly Timesheet.
Must-read articles for QuickBooks Desktop:
- How to set up payroll items
- How to set up time tracking in QuickBooks Desktop
- How to set up the web connector
- Mapping employees in QuickBooks Desktop
Let us know if you have any questions! Happy tracking 🎉