Are you having problems with your geofences? Setting up the geofences can be a little tricky if you don't have the correct settings. The following steps should help you get it right.
- WiFi - geofencing relies on low-power location updates from iOS and cell tower technology. Make sure to turn on WiFi for geofencing.
- Airplane Mode - make sure to turn off airplane mode. Geofences will not work when Airplane Mode is turned on.
- Geofence size - we recommend having at least 150 meters for a good geofence size. Another rule of thumb is to have twice the size of your location.
- Always permission - make sure Timeero has Always permission in your location settings on iOS.
- Automatic Clock In/Out times needs to be set to within your work times. You can configure that by going into the iOS app and then choosing the Settings (gear icon) > Automatic Clock In & Out.
- Some carriers may block voice and data at the same time. This means if you are on your phone, you may not get updates. You can check the Settings app under Cellular to see your settings.
- Geofences were working but quit working after a while. Sometimes when Apple does not keep geofences between restarts and updates. If you've had a major system update, try opening the Timeero app so your geofences are re-added.
- If everything above fails - try restarting your device.
- You can get in touch by calling us at (888)-998-0852 or using our live chat widget below.