We will cover how to integrate Timeero with Xero. Integrating Timeero with Xero allows you to sync time entries and mileage to Xero.
The Xero integration currently only works for Xero Australia
Now let's get started:
Set up your Xero account for integration with Timeero
- In Xero go to Payroll Settings (found under Settings > Payroll Settings).
- Under Calendars create a pay calendar.
Connecting Timeero to Xero:
- In Timeero go to Integrations > Xero and under Xero click Configuration.
- Click Enable under the Configuration option.
- Log in to your Xero account
- When prompted Confirm Xero integration? choose Yes.
You will be asked to allow Timeero to access Xero and choose Allow access.
Do not map Xero Employees or Pay Items yet until you set up your Xero.
Setting Up Xero for Timeero
- Start off by creating a Pay Calendar in Xero. On Xero go to Payroll Settings > Calendars.
- Assign a pay calendar to an employee in Xero by going to Payroll > Employees. Then choose Employment.
3. Next, go ahead and add an earning line for Regular Time, Overtime, and Double Overtime (if you need that).
4. Assign the ordinary earning line to all users by going back to the Employees page and picking an option from the Ordinary Earning Rate dropdown.
5. The Double Overtime earning code is not created by default. If your company pays double overtime, then you will need to create one by going to Settings in Xero. Choose Payroll Settings > Pay Items and add a Double Overtime earning.
6. To reimburse employees for mileage, the Superannuation needs to be set. Skip this step if you do not need mileage. You can access Superannuation under Payroll Settings.
7. Under Organisation in Payroll Settings, set the time tracking category under Timesheet Categories.
8. A bank account needs to be connected to Xero to get the Payroll tracking working. To set up your bank account, go to Accounting > Bank accounts.
Mapping Xero Employees in Timeero
To send hours and mileage reimbursement to Timeero, your employees in Xero need to be mapped to employees in Timeero. To map your employees go to Integrations > Xero Mapping
Pick a user or employee from the dropdown and click Map Employee to complete the mapping.
Map Xero Pay Item
It is required to properly map your regular hours and overtime hours to the equivalent payroll items in Xero. You will also need to map the mileage payroll item correctly if you need to reimburse mileage.