When a user's time spans multiple days, you may want to have 2 timesheets so that overtime is calculated correctly.
By default, if an employee starts work on Monday and clocks out on Tuesday, Timeero counts all of those working hours as Monday.
To resolve this, you can turn on the "Split time at midnight" setting to automatically trigger a new timesheet when a new day starts.
To turn on Split time at midnight:
- Open Company Settings.
- Select General.
- Scroll down until you see Split time at midnight.
- Turn it on and then click Save.
- If the timecard spans more than three days, it will only create three entries.
- Clock in/out times will show the user's timezone on timesheets and in reports.
- When a user clocks in/out from a different timezone than company settings, timesheets will split in the user's timezone, not in the company timezone.
- When a timesheet is added via the web portal, the timesheet will show the clock in/out times as entered when adding the timesheet, no matter the timezone.
- When a user clocks in from a different timezone than company settings, but then the admin goes into the web portal and uses the quick time clock to clock out a user, the timesheet will split in the user's timezone.