To send time to QuickBooks Desktop, you will need to enable Time Tracking.
Set up QuickBooks Desktop for time tracking
- Log in to QuickBooks Desktop Sign as an Admin in Single-user Mode.
- In QuickBooks Desktop choose the Edit menu. Then select Preferences.
- In the Preferences window, select Time & Expenses and then select the Company Preferences tab.
- Select Yes for Do You Track Time?
- You will need to configure QuickBooks Desktop to know the first day of the workweek on which to start tracking time each week. To do that choose the** First Day of Work Week** drop-down list, and choose the day on which you start tracking time each week.
- Select Ok.
Set up employees for time tracking
- Go to the Employee Center. Then double-click the employee's name.
- Select the Payroll Info tab and then click Use Time Data when Creating Paychecks. Then select OK.
- Change the day the workweek begins
How to set your start day of the week
- In QuickBooks Desktop, choose Edit from the top menu bar. Then select Preferences.
- On the left menu, look for and select Time Tracking or Time & Expenses.
- Choose the Company Preferences tab.
- Next to First Day of Work Week, select the drop-down menu. Then choose the day your work week begins.
- Select Ok.