Only users with an Administrator Role can add Employees.
So what's the difference between a User and an Employee? A User is anyone using Timeero. An Employee is the User's Role Designation or Description of the User. Before you start adding Users, please review this article, Roles and Permissions.
As an Administrator, you can add an unlimited number of users to Timeero. This can be done using the Web Portal or Mobile App, however, in order to get more advanced settings, we recommend you use the Web Portal. Once you are logged into the Web Portal, please follow the steps below to add users.
1. Click on Users - you will see this tab on the left-hand side of your screen.
2. Click on Add User - you will see that orange button on the top of the page, on the right-hand side of your screen. You will be sent to this page:
3. Here you will enter the User's information and designate his or her Role.
- Email Address - The email entered will be the username (for this user) required to log into the mobile app.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Password - The password entered will be the password (for this user) required to log into the mobile app. The Password is Case Sensitive.
- Role - Please refer to our Roles & Permissions article mentioned above to help you choose an option.
Some users may not have an email address. While we generally don't recommend fake or invalid email addresses because we send important on-boarding and overtime notifications to users, it is okay to enter a fake email address such as firstname.lastname@example.org (for example).
NOTE: Depending on your browser, the password field prepopulates when adding a user. Please be sure to enter a new password so that your employees are not assigned a password that you use/are using.
- Phone Number - If you would like users to receive their Timeero App instructions, username & password via SMS (a great option if the user has no email), this becomes a Required Field. Please be sure to enable the Invite via SMS feature by clicking on the box beside it.
- Track User's Location - When turned on, this will require your user to verify his/her location when clocking in/out. That location will be captured for the Administrator to view on the Timesheet map. The GPS will pick up the user's location every 300 feet.
- Track Mileage - When turned on, the user's mileage will be tracked. For this feature to work, you must turn on Track User's Location. The GPS will pick up the user's location more frequently - every 30 feet - than the above feature. Therefore, this feature uses more phone battery life due to the frequent GPS "pings."
- Hourly Rate - The Hourly or Daily rate is used to calculate how much money is owed to a user for time worked. Set it to 0 if it's a salaried user or if the rate is unknown. If you select Daily rate, the dollar amount entered is how much money is owed to a user each day, no matter how many hours the user has worked.
- Groups - A group can be a department (Sales, Marketing, Warehouse for example). Learn more about Groups here: Employee Groups.
4. Once you are finished entering the information, click on Add User at the bottom of the page. This user is now showing as Pending. Once the user logs into the app, they will show as Active.
When the Add User button is clicked, an email and/or SMS (only if Invite Via SMS is checked) containing the username and password will be sent to the user.
In order to make sure that users are correctly tracked, their smartphone settings will need to be set up correctly. The mobile app settings for iOS should look like this:
Android - Settings will appear differently for each Android model.
To Edit an existing User: Go to Users and click on the Pencil Icon to the far right of the User name.