A GPS signal may not always be stable and there are several reasons it may not be tracking your path and mileage consistently.
There are several conditions that can cause your phone not to have a strong GPS signal such as your phone/tablet’s capabilities, software, or location settings.
Here are some steps you can try to fix the problem:
- Make sure that location settings are set to Always if you want mileage tracking or background tracking. Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Settings. Double-check to ensure Location Services is set to On. Find the Timeero app in the list and set it to Always. On that same screen, be sure that Precise Location is turned on.
- Make sure Motion & Fitness is also turned on. Go to Settings, search for Timeero & turn this on if it is off.
- Toggle airplane mode (30 seconds). Go to the Settings app on iPhone to do that.
Disable Power Saving Mode: Settings > Battery > Make sure Lower Power Mode is turned off.
- Do not force close the app.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Timeero. Go to the AppStore and see if you have updated your app.
- If you have your screen set to go to sleep after a certain amount of time, it affects background tracking. With this setting turned on, points will only be captured when the app is open. It is best to turn that off in order to allow Timeero to accurately track GPS and mileage.
- Restart your device.